Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Redeeming the Commute

(by Jason)



In May 2008, Lacey and I decided to move closer to our church, Auburndale Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky. Since I work east of Louisville and our church is more in the southwestern part of Louisville, this move meant a longer commute to work. I spend approximately 100 minutes per day driving to and from work.


Actually, I enjoy the driving time. It certainly helps that most people commute the opposite direction! But I also enjoy “pleasure listening”: audio books, new music, sermons, and, even, NPR.

I have become lazy in my commute, though. Now, I spend a lot of time listening to sports radio or radio surfing. I realized recently how I am wasting away what could be productive time.

So, join me along I-265 and I-64, as I learn to redeem the commute. Expect a few posts a week, and maybe even a few ideas for maximizing your commute time.

No comments:

Post a Comment